Thank you to Natalija from http://frugalinsa.com/ for nominating Anecdotes of my life for the Blogger Recognition Award! I am extremely delighted!
- The Blogger Recognition Award is an award given to bloggers by fellow bloggers. It’s an excellent way of showcasing the blogs we follow and enjoy reading, and acknowledging the hard work and dedication of the people who create such blogs.
- Why I started blogging
- I started my blog so that I can express and share my feelings freely and in turn learn from other bloggers about life, about food, travel and keep the fire in me alive. I am technically challenged and yet I want to keep on trying to write such blogs that would inspire others. Cooking is a passion and I have been cooking since years but my travel bug was almost comatose but now due to the blog the bug is back on its feet and scurrying around interesting places!
- Advice #1: Start writing and do not look back. You may make mistakes but then we all learn from our mistakes. Before you start read others blogs and you would get to learn a lot.
- Advice #2: Your blog is like a baby. You have to nourish it and only then it will grow. Patience is the key. Be consistent with your posts so that you have something new for your readers.
- The turning point for me was when a friend referred me to the 30 day blogging challenge by the Arrows-Sarah and Kevin. Join this or any other group so that you are in the midst of fellow bloggers. You would get a lot of support and advice from them.
And the nominees are (in no particular order):
I really enjoy reading all of these blogs and I hope you’ll go and check out each and everyone. They’re doing an awesome job!
Some Rules for the Nominees to take it forward
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how/why you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 – 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, providing the link to the post you created.