12 Nov Aloo ka Paratha with Raw Potatoes
Aloo ka Paratha with Raw Potatoes
Love Aloo ka Paratha?
I like the slight crunch in Aloo Parathas with Raw Potatoes. Do you? If you have not tried till now do try it. As a typical Punjabi, I think there are only 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who love Aloo ka Paratha and those who don’t. And those who don’t are ……..(Yes! you can fill in the blanks)
What is Aloo ka Paratha?
Aloo Paratha recipe is one of the most popular breakfast dishes throughout northern, western and central regions of India. They are made of unleavened dough stuffed with a mixture of potato and spices, rolled out and cooked on a hot griddle, fried with butter or ghee. Aloo paratha is usually served with lots of homemade butter, mint chutney, or any Indian pickles and yoghurt. Check out my recipe for basic parathas here. and if you want to make my favourite mooli paratha?
For all Aloo ka paratha lovers here is a new twist in the recipe; Raw Potato Parathas.
Interesting Aloo ka Paratha Titbits
- Imagine you are asleep and the aroma of buttered Aloo ka Parathas with raw potatoes tickle your nose awake. They always smell so good.
- They’re the best breakfast to wake up for. Visualise waking up to a plateful of aloo paratha on your bed table.
- They remind you of home and maa ke haath ka khana.
- They’re very adaptable. You can have them with curd, pickle, sabzi or even with Sambar as I do. And a mug of chai or coffee to wash down the calories.
- You can experiment with raw or boiled potatoes, spicy or mild. Make them as interesting as possible.
- You just need to butter them up to make anyone happy. (Maska Chaska.
- On a nostalgic night, cuddle up with a plate of Aloo ka Parathas and you won’t miss home or mummy.
- Slam the gym, one Aloo ka Paratha contains only 260calories!
- Aloo ka Parathas leave a perpetual smile on your face 🙂
- Everybody loves them, old, young, kids, north or south Indian, they unite people into one class; the Aloo ka Paratha lovers class.
- You can take them with you for shopping and snack on them, make a meal at a picnic or roll them for a train or flight journey.
- You can have them anytime, anyplace, anywhere.
- The best thing about aloo ka paratha is it is a complexly simple, pan-fried flatbread stuffed with mashed potato smothered in spices.
- Winter is fast approaching and what can be better than a sizzling hot Aloo ka Paratha lots of Makhan maar ke.