Watermelon Slices And Juice
Pic Courtesy: Unsplash
J for Juice for #BlogchatterA2Z. The darker the melon the Sweeter the Juice! Watermelon Juice is the elixir of summer and here are Watermelon Slices And Juice to make your summer cool. Watermelon is invariably a large fruit and a rich source of vital minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and smaller amounts of copper, iron and zinc. Its flesh is usually bright red in colour.
Watermelon has WATER
Watermelon is full of water and hence low in calories. It is said, ‘Eat melon alone or leave it alone because it will make your stomach groan’. So ideally, don’t have a meal 30 minutes before or after eating melons. Eating a large portion of watermelon can make you feel heavy and bloated, try sipping on a little tea after eating watermelon; it will make you feel much better.
Beat the Heat with Watermelon
As in tomatoes, watermelon is laden with lycopene, the red carotenoid pigment that gives it the red colour. Lycopene is an important anti-oxidant and is powerful in neutralising harmful free radicals in our bodies. Watermelon is mainly a tropical fruit and it’s undoubtedly, the best fruit to beat the scorching heat. Watermelon can be eaten in myriad ways- on its own, in fruit salads, or as juice. You can freeze the watermelon juice to make popsicles or even add coconut to it for a unique flavour.
Sometimes the watermelon is huge and you cannot finish it. Store it in the fridge by covering the remaining portion with cling film. Watermelon is one of my favourite summer fruits as it is cooling for the body in our sweltering climate.
As we all know watermelon is more than 91 per cent water. This means that eating watermelon on a hot summer day is a juicy way to help you stay hydrated.
As watermelon juice can be cloyingly sweet on its own, I usually add ginger, lemon and mint to enhance the taste.
How do you pick the right Watermelon?
- It should be heavy for its size.
- The rind should be smooth with a dull top and here the top is the side opposite the ground spot which is yellow.
- The thump test is one where the ripe watermelon is said to have a hollow bass sound.
Recipe for Fresh Watermelon Juice
1 medium-size watermelon, peeled, deseeded and chopped
3 tbsp mint leaves/pudina
½ inch piece of ginger
1 lemon juice
Black salt / kaala namak to taste
Ice cubes (optional)
- Firstly, take a blender jar, and add the watermelon pieces, ginger, and mint leaves.
- Next, blend it well without adding any water.
- Now, pour the watermelon juice into tall glasses and sprinkle some black salt and squeeze a little lemon juice. Add ice cubes, if preferred, garnish with mint leaves and serve.
- Most people strain the juice. All the nutrients and fibre are lost. If you can drink it then keep it thick with all the pith and some chunks too.
- Watermelon Juice or Slice is invariably nice-do you agree?
Pic courtesy: Weber
If you haven’t checked out my theme for A2Z 2022, then do check it out here.
My A post is Ambrosial Pineapple Cream Pudding. B post is Strawberry Biscuit Pudding. C is Chana Dal or tadka Dal, D for Thandai Drink, E for How to eat a juicy Mango, F for Frittata, G for Godh Bharai,H for Homemade Kulfi
I am participating in #BlogchatterA2Z by @ Blogchatter 2022